Monday, April 25, 2005

Simple Steps to Joyful Homeschooling

This article spoke to several issues homeschoolers should take note of--especially if you are interested relaxing things a little...

Take time to enjoy the simple things. Make sure you really notice how beautiful the sunshine is when it shines on their hair, or how delightful it is when they giggle. I went to bed early a while back because I was sick and I listened to my husband and kids laughing. I stayed awake to hear this and it’s burned into my memory. Go out and look at the stars with them. Go for walks for no reason. Just try to be present mentally and emotionally to enjoy them.

Mary Hood wrote a book entitled, The Joyful Homeschooler which we used in our Freestyle Learners group last year. It's a great book introducing the scriptural foundation and support for a less structured approach to homeschooling...from a practical exprienced home school moms perspective! If you enjoyed this article, I think you'll really enjoy this book!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home